Designer: B. B. Crowninshield
Builder: W. F. Stone (SFO) (1907)
Home Port: Port Townsend WA
- Medium-sized Bermuda-rigged Staysail-SchoonerThe sail between the masts is attached to a stay.
- One piece tan wooden masts
- Sleek superstructure
- White hull, green bottompaintpaint below the waterline, usually to discourage weeds, barnacles, and decay, green bulwarkan extension of a ship's sides above the level of the deck.
- Semicircular Boomkina spar or arched projection off the stern of the ship, typically to hold stays for the backstay.
- Deep blue "gollaker" sail (a downwind only, spinnaker-like sail, but set in the middle of the boat).
Originally gaff-rigged quadrilateral sail attached at the top to a gaff and built to be the flagship for the Commodore of the San Francisco Yacht Club (named after his wife). She was owned by actor James Cagney and later by industrialist Edgar Kaiser. In 1968 she arrived in Washington for use by the Four Winds camp on Orcas Island. Martha is the oldest working sailboat in the state of Washington.
Martha has her own song! "